Anyone who wants to go “2.0” should read this first. In this book Jarvis explores the impact of the internet on our society and the impact of Google on our economy. Let there be no doubt: Google and the internet are UNDER-hyped.
What you will learn (and MUST incormporate) when you read this book:
- Web 1.0 = “look at me” / Web 2.0 = “look at you”. Once you get this, you are halfway;
- Give people control – we will use it;
- Be a platform instead of a destination (how: ‘Elegant Organization’);
- There is an inverse relationship between control and trust;
- Life is a beta;
- Numerous examples of industries and sectors that would be / will be inversed once the Google mindset is adopted;
With this book Jarvis gives us an unprecedented and audacious look into a future we woud not dear to imagine. Recommended for anyone in ANY business who will not be retiring in the next few years.