The below video shows Anthony Robbins – the legendary coach – in action at the TED conference. We see how he condenses his life’s work into 20 minutes in very compelling way. He discusses the “invisible forces” that motivate everyone’s actions — and high-fives Al Gore in the front row.
Some of the things that I take away from this video:
1. The defining factor is never resources, it’s resourcefulness.
2. His understanding of human needs (the art of fulfillment):
Needs of the personality
– Uncertainty (variety)
– Significance (feeling unique)
– Connection & love
Needs of the spirit
– To contribute beyond ourselves
3. Robbins found a pattern throughout the years, which he summarizes in three steps:
– What is my focus?
– What does it mean?
– What do I do as a result of that?